Skip to main content

Witness Valentine's '18

Last year on Valentine's or whatever they call it, I remember setting my foot out towards the busy street only a minute away from where I live. The situation had felt real funny because all I could feel was the strong aroma of couples and love (yes, let's go with that). I had felt so embarrased I apparently ran towards my room in search of fresh air deprived of love (yes, let's go with that). This year is different. I feel like it's been ages since I've started seeing things differently. I feel like I'm in a different realm of consciousness surrounded by negativity. No, negativity's not the right word. Maybe "monsters" is (let's go with that). If you think what you're reading right now is vague, just wait a little more. Yeah, I feel like I am surrounded by monsters or demons or whatever they call it. Maybe this is what hell to some extent feels like. Today, all day long, I had been telling my friends what had happened last year on Valentine's and how I had embarrasingly ran back to my room. So, at precisely 7 PM I decided to set my foot on a short journey of embarrassment. Outside felt colder than usual today. I walk this road a lot at night, yet I have never suffered ice cold chilling and shivering to this extent. I walk this dark lonely path that opens up to the crowded streets. I choose my footsteps slowly. Something tells me things are entirely different and nothing will go as I had imagined. I suddenly feel my heart rupture and hear the sound of beating of my chest. My tongue gets salty, I hear my eardrums banging, I feel blood coming out. My footsteps get slower. I then kiss this dark lonely road goodbye. I am now in the streets decorated with these gorgeous street lights. But WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?

The street feels so empty. The street is so empty. The street was so empty. The street has been so empty. I can't see or feel anyone's presence. Have I gone blind or have I lost my existence entirely? I was expecting to see lovey-dovey couples flying but the only things flying high are the hydrogen filled love shaped balloons and my clouded thoughts. Then I hear a voice. Mom, is that you? Yeah, I hear my mom utter something but I can't understand. I try to communicate with her. Then I see her turning her back on me. Why does she seem so far away from me? And why is my entire family with her? My brother smiles at me and my father's eyes speak to me, "Seems like you know what real pain is. Good for you." They leave me and neglect my presence, my voice, my essence. They never look back. I hear some people laugh. Over the far right edge of the street I surprisingly see couple of my friends I hold very dear to my heart. They are laughing at me. Why? Why would you laugh at me? Don't I consider you my friends? They individually come to me like they're hoverboarding and whisper to me the same sentence, "I love you, but you know what? You're a piece of shit" They repeat this hundreds of times. I remember reading a quote somewhere that friends will remain in your memory forever. Yeah, this one is such a beautiful memory. I cry out for help. Wait, I have a phone, right? I call a friend. Why in the world is he not picking it up? I try to call again but fail. I try to call again but fail. The entire time I'm trying to make a call, I keep hearing her voice, "I love you. So, I will help you." How can that even be possible? I can't believe what I'm hearing. My vision and my hearing is poor and I can't recognize her. I have never in my entire life been offered help. So I shun her. I shun her. "No, you won't", I scream. I run. I run. I stop. I run. I stop. I run. I stop. Suddenly it starts feeling normal again and I'm crying because I can see people again. I am in a zebra crossing and I see a beautiful couple behind me but I am not in the mood to care. Then, suddenly something hits me. I look back and I realise that they are not couples but the devil himself. Why is he attached to the back of my neck?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तिम्रो सामु

हेर फर्की तिम्रा ती रक्तलिप्त पाथहरु, आज एकान्तमा रगतको आँसु झारिरहेको एक्लो चन्द्रमा भन्दा गाढा छन्। हेर पीडाले गुहार मागिरहेका कोमल माटोमा थचक्क बसि, तिम्रा काला पै...

What's the title anyway?

Oh man I'm writing this. All the laziness that had taken over is being gradually exorcised. "Wake up , you lazy ass"; my dad scolds me, "You're so damn lazy" ; my mom frets. Couple of months back ,when I asked my friend for suggestion to put this laziness into dump , he was like; " Man , can't you see me relaxing? Making my brain work on this boring topic. Laziness is so cool ,so stop your whining ". The same guy was asking me as of why he couldn't get a girlfriend. Ok,  I don't have one either. Some of you don't. But why the hell am I bringing up this topic? Ah man, my chest hurts.   *remembers he has no girlfriends, cries in the corner* So this is me Atmajyoti (my name is wierd all right ... but I'm over it already) from Nepal. I was thinking of writing something since ages. The tomorrows'd been increasing day by day. But I was unable to write, not because I was having a writer's block but because I was too lazy to ...

सुरुवात : एक प्रेम कथा

Image Credit :  https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/alone-broken-sullen-young-teen-guy-1008731521 भन्ने गर्नुहुन्थ्यो मेरी हजुराआमा " जिवन दुखलाई जित्ने खेल हो , आत्तिन हुन्न , खुड्किला टेक्नुपर्छ साना साना ” लाग्थ्यो बालक छँदा सार्है ज्ञानी हुनुहुन्छ प्यारी हजुरआमा समयले मलाई बढायो बाँसघारी जसरी अनि महसुस हुन थाल्यो कि जीवन कुनै खेल होइन रहेछ फेरी खेल्न नपाइने , मर्दासम्म बाँच्नुपर्ने बाँच्दासम्म मरिरहनुपर्ने मलाई छर्लंग याद छ , त्यो अन्त्यको त्यो सुरुवातको दिन रगताम्मे थिएँ होला सायद मर्दामर्दा थाकीसकेको , अब बाँच्नुपर्यो भनेर पहिलो पटक आत्महत्या प्रयास गरेको दिन हातमा ब्लेड च्यापी , नसा च्वाट च्वाट काटी दरिद्रताको रगत सलल बगाउँंदै नशामा झुमेर मुटु दर्हो बनाउँदै , संसारसँग हारेर जङ्घ जितेको दिन                       *---*---*---*      ...